Apple sent out media invites for its annual iPhone-centric event that will be held on Tuesday, September 12 at 10:00 a.m. at the Steve Jobs Theater at the company’s new Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California. The media invites offer a first look at the theme of the event and feature the tagline: “Let’s meet at our place.”
View the Apple Special Event here on September 12 at 10 a.m. PDT to watch the keynote, the first-ever event at the Steve Jobs Theater. The event will be the first time non-Apple personnel will be allowed on the grounds in any number, giving the world a glimpse of the core of Apple Park.
Known the general public as Apple’s “spaceship”, Apple Park is the company’s new headquarters in Cupertino, California. This epic four-storey ring surrounded by woodland was designed by Norman Foster with Apple’s Jony Ive.
What to Expect?
Apple’s fall 2017 event will be its most significant in years, mainly due to the debut of a radically redesigned iPhone.
- iPhone featuring an edge-to-edge display
- vertical rear camera
- facial recognition capabilitie
- much improved processor
- wireless inductive charging
- new iPhone features a display similar in size to the display of the 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus, but with a body closer in size to the 4.7-inch iPhone 7.
- a nearly bezel-free display
- glass body
- rumoured to be more expensive than traditional iPhones
- improved camera
Rumours suggest that Apple will unveil a third-generation Apple Watch.
- LTE chip that allows it to be decoupled from the iPhone
- will look a lot like the Apple Watch Series 2
- will likely arrive in December 2017
- will have a new, darker look, shrouded in a Space Grey case
- new fan system that offers a claimed 80 percent increase in cooling capacity. Apple says the new system “allows for upgraded internals without making more noise”.
- 5K display but not a touchscreen
- the 27in iMac Pro will offer 5,120×2,880 resolution 5K Retina display
- Apple has revealed that it is intending to launch a new display to sell alongside it’s Mac Pro
Other major announcements will likely include updates about the HomePod, a new 4K Apple Tv and Apple Watch bands. As for other hardware, we’re not expecting on seeing any updates to the Mac and iPad lineups because they were refreshed in June.