The Adobe Elements team has just announced the release of Photoshop Elements 2018 & Premiere Elements 2018. No, I want to reassure you that you didn’t miss versions 16 and 17. Moving forward both apps will take on the upcoming year of their release in-lieu of a version number; hence, the transition from version 15 to Photoshop Elements 2018 and Premiere Elements 2018.
Okay, now that I’ve explained that, let’s get on to the good stuff. And while you’re reading this post, I don’t want you to think that these products are for the “pros”. However, they are definitely worth mentioning as they are super easy tools to use and will be ideal for many photographers who want to up their game.
Over the years, the Elements products have emphasized easy photo and video organization, editing, creation, and sharing by combining content intelligence with a user-friendly interface and modes for every level of user.
This release focuses on enhancing the experience even further for memory keepers with hassle free organization, automated editing and some fun new Guided Edits that walk you through how to edit and create. As you’ll see, there are a number of exciting new features and enhancements so being creative with your photos and videos has never been easier.
Here’s what’s new and enhanced –
Go from hundreds of mystery folders scattered across your computer to a visual view of your photos automatically sorted by date, subject, people, and places.
Find your best photos with Auto Curate
Your photos are automatically curated based on quality, faces, subjects, Smart Tags, and more, so you don’t have to search for the standouts to use in your slideshows, collages, and other photo creations.
Find photos faster with Smart Tags
Photoshop Elements suggests tags for your photos based on subjects like sunsets, birthdays, dogs, cats, and more.
Search is a cinch
Find the exact photos you’re looking for by searching on a combination of things, including people, places, events, and other favorite subjects. The Organizer is touch-friendly so finding and viewing are even easier.
Fix photos by the batch
Brighten, add color, enhance clarity, or add effects to multiple photos simultaneously. And you can use touch, so it’s even easier to get the look you want.
Find by people
Photoshop Elements recognizes the faces in your photos and stacks them by person during import, so it’s easy to find photos of specific people later.
Find by places
Relive your journeys — view photos and videos on a map based on where they were taken.
Find by events
Find, view, and organize photos and videos based on the events they capture — birthday parties, vacations, weddings, first days of school and more.
- Open closed eyes in photos like magic and make selections effortlessly.
- Automatically bring together the best scenes in your videos with Smart Trim, and auto-extract photos from your raw footage with Candid Moments.
- Get step-by-step help with creative photo and video techniques and effects.
- Totally reimagined slideshows bring together curated photos and short clips with one click.
- Make printed photo artwork, collages, and gifts.
- Add style to your videos with titles, effects, transitions, and themes.
- Create fun bounce-back GIFs* and animated social posts.
- Easily print photos to display and share.
- Share photos, videos, and slideshows on Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitter.